wildlife & nature in namibia
Namibia is home to a diverse range of wildlife including elephants, lions, giraffes and rhinos. Kids will love seeing those in their natural habitat.
- Take the adventurous side of the holiday with opportunities to do sandboarding, quad and camel riding.
- Visit the Etosha National Park for a a safari adventure
- Explore the Namib Desert with a private guide around the sand dunes
- Visit Skeleton coast with its shipwrecks
- Immerse yourself in the local Himba culture
- Enjoy stunning stargazing
- Make sure you find a safari operator that caters well to families. You want the game drives to be adapted to your family setup.
- Make the experience as personal as possible to make the most of it
- Look into all the costs in details to ensure there are no hidden fees or fees on location.
diving & surfing in panama
Panama is home to a wide range of diverse ecosystems, including rainforests, cloud forests, and coral reefs. Kids will have the opportunity to see and learn about unique wildlife like sloths, monkeys, toucans, and sea turtles.
- Enjoy snorkeling and diving into the crystal clear waters and hiking waterfalls
- Learn surfing in remote quiet beaches with world class teachers
- Visit the Panama canal and learn all about the importance of this famous canal
- Immerse yourself in indigenous and local tribes to learn about their culture and communities
- Take the adventurous side with hiking, canopy tours and river rafting
- If you want to book a week long surf camp coaching for the whole family, do this as early as possible.
- Rent a car and travel around easily by yourself
northern lights & winter wonderland in norway
Norway is one of the best places in the world to witness the mesmerizing northern lights. December is a great time to catch this magical natural phenomenon, and it will surely be an unforgettable experience for kids.
- Plan fun winter activities like dog sledding, snowshoeing and skiing.
- Embrace the cold and life in the snow
- If kids still want to meet Santa, attend one of the many events and attractions (not necessarily in the “official” villages)
- Book a wildlife safari to spot reindeers, polar bears, whales and other artic animals
- Stay in a stunning cabin with jacuzzi, sauna and a view on the Northern lights
- Choose the right partner to organise community visits and animal safaris
- See further than the major cities and don’t be scared to head way north
- If you want to rent a car, make sure it is totally snow-proof!
elephants & colourful nature in sri lanka
Sri Lanka is a beautiful country to visit in December with pleasant weather, to enjoy the beach and wildlife experiences.
- Visit the Yala National Park and Udawalawe National Park, where you can spot elephants, leopards, and numerous bird species.
- Learn about elephant conservation
- Immerse yourself in the local culture and learn about the rich heritage of Sri Lanka
- Stay on the beach and enjoy beautiful landscapes
- Take on the adventure with ziplining, hiking and cycling
- Visit tea plantation and learn about the process to make tea in a sustainable way
- Take private tour guides to explore some parts of the country like tea plantations
- Choose your wildlife safari provider very carefully to match your needs and provide respectful experiences
- Don’t forget to allocate enough time to relax on the beach
- Take a cooking class to learn about all the spices and different flavours
history & mayan culture in mexico
Mexico has vibrant Christmas traditions that the whole family can enjoy. From colourful parades and festive decorations to traditional performances and delicious food, experiencing these traditions can be a unique and enriching experience for children.
- Spend time in Mexico City to soak up the culture, the architecture and the delicious food scene
- Take time to explore the mayan ruins and historical sites and captivate kids about the history
- Find a secluded beach retreat to see the end of the year
- Take a cooking class and learn about chilies and best tacos recipes
- Take the kids to traditional markets museums and art exhibitions to immerse in the local culture
- Keep away from highly touristic areas, Mexico is vast and there is plenty to see
- Explore slow travel and get around with the train
- For an authentic experience, stay in local home-stays and eco lodges and avoid large all-inclusive resorts
Are you ready to create lasting memories for your family? Let’s chat!
If you would like to delegate the planning of all or part of your upcoming family holidays, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s design your next incredible journey together!