The French capital is welcoming the Olympic Games this summer 2024. July and August will be as busy as it can get, and even worse. Prices of everything will rocket. The romantic and cultural Paris experience you might seek will definitely not deliver.
Instead visit: Lille and the Northern Region
- The Old Town
- The many museums like the Beaux Arts, the Piscine museum, the Tri Postal…
- The fantastic food scene
- Coastal towns from 1h30 away
To attempt to reduce over-tourism, the city of Venice has implemented a ticketing system. Tourists will have to pay 5€ on peak weekends between April and mid-July. Despite the low price, tourists might reschedule their visit to come during the week days or in August.
Instead visit: Parma, Modena and the region
- The best ingredients of Italy: balsamic vinegar, parma ham, parmeggiano all come from that region.
- Staying in a family agriturismo
- Culture and museums
- A slower pace of life
Which is worse? Queuing for hours to get to the crowded Acropolis or the terrible summer heat? Couple those together and you have the main reasons to avoid Athens in summer.
Instead visit: The Peloponnese
- The many ruins and historical sights
- Nafplio and its water sports possibilities
- Monemvasia and the beautiful rock formation
- The many hiking opportunities
Despite the absolute beauty of the island, it is suffering from terrible over-tourism and pollution. The pressure of tourism have had a negative effect on the locals and the land.
Instead visit: Indonesia
- Lombok and the Gili Islands
- The lush jungle of Flores and the Kelimutu National Park
- The deserted archipelago of Karimunjawa Islands
- Learning all about Indonesian food
Barcelona surely has it all, but it also has all the tourists. The streets, beaches, historical buildings and tourist sights are packed with holiday makers, making the experience highly unpleasant.
Instead visit: Galicia and the Northern coast
- The beautiful landscape of mountains and national parks
- Fresher dips in the Atlantic
- The famous Camino do Santiago
- The unspoilt archipelago of Cies islands
✨ I’m Marta, your Family Travel Designer
✨ I help you plan unique family holidays and adventures in an efficient, creative and cost effective way
✨ I plan trips from a first holiday abroad with kids to a 6 months world adventure
✨ I work with families of all shapes travelling all over the world
Are you ready to create lasting memories with your family?
Email me at email@example.com
Let’s design your next incredible journey together! 💛