It is the oldest ski resorts in Bulgaria. It offers a wide range of well-maintained slopes catering to all skiing abilities, making it perfect for both beginners and more experienced skiers.
Lift passes and rental of equipment are affordable. You will enjoy a budget-friendly skiing experience without compromising on quality.
You can also enjoy many other activities outside of skiing, such as snowmobile, sledding and ice-skating.
The surrounding natural beauty of the Rila Mountains, with snow-capped peaks and pine forests, adds to the appeal of skiing in Borovets.
- Book flights to land in Sofia airport
- 1300 m elevation and 58 km of slopes
- 13 modern lifts, gondolas and chairlifts
- 1 week ski pass: 200€ per adult and 110€ per child
With its breathtaking natural surroundings and excellent skiing conditions, it provides a perfect balance of adventure and relaxation.
The resort offers a range of family-friendly facilities, including ski lessons for beginners, children’s snow parks, and well-groomed slopes.
Vogel Bohinj boasts excellent snow conditions throughout the winter season.
The longest slope in the resort is 4.2 km, providing a thrilling experience for skiers.
- Book flights to land in Ljubljana airport (and take the opportunity to visit!)
- 1800 m elevation and 22 km of slopes
- 9 lifts, gondolas and chairlifts
- 1 week ski pass: 220€ per adult and 110€ per child
Poiana-Brasov is the largest and most luxurious mountain resort in Romania.
The resort has excellent skiing conditions from mid-December through mid-April, with an average snowfall of 50-60 cm.
The beautiful scenery of the Carpathian Mountains surrounding the ski resort adds to the overall experience, providing stunning views while skiing.
Poiana Brasov is known for its well-groomed slopes, which provide smooth and enjoyable skiing experiences.
- Book flights to land in Bucharest airport (and take the opportunity to visit!)
- 1800 m elevation and 24 km of slopes
- 13 lifts, gondolas and chairlifts
- 1 week ski pass: 130€ per adult and 70€ per child
Livigno has a long ski season, typically running from November to May, thanks to its high altitude.
In addition to skiing, Livigno offers a variety of other winter activities such as snowshoeing, ice climbing, and ice skating. There are also several wellness centres and spas for top relaxation.
And of course, enjoy fabulous Italian food on the slopes and after a long day of skiing, what more?
- Book flights to land in Innsbruck
- 1800 m elevation and 115 km of slopes
- 32 lifts, gondolas and chairlifts
- 1 week ski pass: 345€ per adult and 172€ per child
Grandvalaria is the largest ski resort in the Pyrenees and Europe.
The resort has a good snow record, with an average of 300 days of skiing per year.
There are many non-ski activities, like snowshoeing, ice karting, snowmobiling, and dog sledding. But also the Snowpark El Tarter, a freestyle park which includes jumps, rails, and obstacles.
- Book flights to land in Barcelona (and enjoy a great visit)
- 1710 m elevation and 210 km of slopes
- 75 lifts, gondolas and chairlifts
- 1 week ski pass: 302€ per adult and 205€ per child
There are many alternatives to the main ski resort players, with their pretty steep prices.
You could also look at staying away from resorts, but in towns and cities nearby. This would make your commute to ski a bit longer, but the overall price of your stay much more pleasant.
✨ I’m Marta, your Family Travel Designer
✨ I help you plan unique family holidays in an efficient, creative and cost effective way
✨ I work with families of all shapes travelling all over the world
Are you ready to create lasting memories with your family?
Let’s design your next incredible journey together! 💛